New Website Live

Started by Leon, 06 May 2017, 03:17:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Hi folks, just a quick heads up ahead of a proper announcement, our new website is now live: http://pendraken.co.uk/  It's not 100% just yet but we thought it best to pop it up for you all to play about with and find any errors along the way.  Some things to note:

- You will need to make a new account for the new site I'm afraid, there were so many on the old one that it would have been a nightmare trying to filter them and bring over any 'active' ones.  

- You can now checkout as a Guest if you'd rather not create an account.  All we need is your name, address and an email address.

- There is now a 'Collect at Show' option in the checkout, allowing you to select the show you wish to collect at.  This is a timed feature, so you won't be able to select the 'Collect' option after our '7 days in advance' pre-order deadline.

- There have been some changes to some of the product codes, most noticeably in the WWII section where the main nations are now divided into Infantry / Vehicles / Artillery / Misc.  Other codes that have been tweaked are the resin scenics and our recent walls and hedges.

- There are still a lot of images missing that we'll be adding over the course of the weekend.  If you see something that you think used to have an image, let us know and we'll get it sorted out.  I know that most of the recent releases (Feb/Mar/Apr) don't have images at the moment, as well as the Epsilon painted buildings.

- Any hyperlinked product images here on the forum or elsewhere on the web will have temporarily disappeared.  We should have that fixed next week.

Once it's been up for a couple of days and we've finetuned any bugs, we'll do a proper announcement for the new site.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Albie Bach

Excellent - there is now a product description with stuff you've put in your basket.  8)
And one of my piccies made the cut.  ;D
Sadly no longer with us - RIP (2018)

ronan

Quote from: Leon on 06 May 2017, 03:17:09 PM
(...)
- You will need to make a new account for the new site I'm afraid, there were so many on the old one that it would have been a nightmare trying to filter them and bring over any 'active' ones.  
(...)

I tried to create my new account, and got the Registration e-mail. But the link shows me this page with error :

( no hurry for me, I won't order figs today  :( )

The new website is pretty !  :-bd

Leman

I've got that too. I registered, came back later, logged on and immediately knocked back. My unhappy history of failing to create a Pendraken account seems to be continuing unabated.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

stormrider

Huge apologies for this, I'm working on fixing that right now.

It looks like the approval URLs being sent out were encoding wrongly. I've removed all of the unapproved accounts if you could please try registering again?

d_Guy

Are there any special characters that can NOT be use for account name / passwords? (And, if so, is there error handling for this?)
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

ronan

Quote from: stormrider on 06 May 2017, 06:07:57 PM
Huge apologies for this, I'm working on fixing that right now.

It looks like the approval URLs being sent out were encoding wrongly. I've removed all of the unapproved accounts if you could please try registering again?

It's Ok now !
Thank you !
:D

stormrider

Quote from: d_Guy on 06 May 2017, 06:24:03 PM
Are there any special characters that can NOT be use for account name / passwords? (And, if so, is there error handling for this?)

Without getting into the deeper ends of unicode I can't think of anything that would cause a problem. Everything is secured before it goes into the database to protect from injection attacks etc and I just made an account with !"£$%^&*(){}_~@?> as a username which works fine.

If you do come across any problems though do please let me (or Leon) know. I won't be able to watch the forums all the time but I'll pop in when I can.

d_Guy

Thanks.

Have tried twice with d_guy as account name. No errors and says it is sending final registration step to my email (hotmail). Have received nothing (and not in junkmail either). Others seem to be getting email responses.
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

stormrider

Okay, in that case I'll write that down for my list for Monday morning but right now I'll manually approve your account (I wanted to avoid doing that for lots of accounts!)

toxicpixie

Looks sparky! Will have a proper look over the weekend and probably register Monday :)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

fsn

06 May 2017, 09:19:56 PM #11 Last Edit: 06 May 2017, 09:31:18 PM by fsn
Nice and clean. Hopefully less prone to going down like a ... like ... what goes down a lot? Anyway, few comments/points from me. Terribly minor.

I like the "who's who".

">>  Are your figures compatible with 'Company X'?"
Their problem. Are Company X compatible with Pendraken!

"Forum"
Think this link should come with some sort of a warning.

"Dave - Our founder, takes care of all the moulding and casts most of the 20th Century orders."
That's a heck of a backlog!

Resin Scenics
Lot of 'em are metal.  Just "scenics"?

British Corvette £0
I've ordered seven!

Fantasy - old
Classic?

Pictures
Why are there 2 pictures per product?

Post War and Modern
What's the cut off? The T54 is "modern", the Viet Nam war is "post war". If Falklands in "Modern" then the cut off must be 1979/80?

As I say, minor tweaks, I'm sure.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fred.

Looks good. Like the look, with the bigger photos of the figures, it also loads really quickly.

Spotted a fair few of my photos - and my big shot of the British armour is still their in the background, though hardly visible on an iPad.

Spotted a couple of minor issuettes in the British WWII vehicles - there are a number of listings with no name around BV28 to 33ish. And the photo for the staff car is definately wrong (it looks rather like a RAM Kangaroo)

The old Fantasy ranges have had a big pruning!! But I spotted an old figure that I hadn't seen before Hobgobin with Chainsaw...

2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Leon

Thanks for all the replies!

Quote from: fred. on 06 May 2017, 09:26:18 PM
Spotted a couple of minor issuettes in the British WWII vehicles - there are a number of listings with no name around BV28 to 33ish. And the photo for the staff car is definately wrong (it looks rather like a RAM Kangaroo)

The old Fantasy ranges have had a big pruning!! But I spotted an old figure that I hadn't seen before Hobgobin with Chainsaw...

Thanks for that, the missing names were space holders for future Shermans that Dave was working on, so I'll get those added in or a 'Coming Soon' note.  That staff car image is definitely wrong as well!

One other thing I noticed myself, we've added an extra code into the Soviet vehicles so all the images are currently one place out, so image for SVV12 is in SVV11, that kind of thing.  I'll get those fixed as well.

The moulds for the old Fantasy ranges are getting ready old now and some of them (Dwarves/Rats/Trolls) in particular were a nightmare to cast from.  With the new Warband stuff it makes sense to point people towards those instead and we'll slowly replace some more of the discontinued ranges.

Quote from: fsn on 06 May 2017, 09:19:56 PM
"Dave - Our founder, takes care of all the moulding and casts most of the 20th Century orders."
That's a heck of a backlog!

I've got him working overtime to catch up...  ;)

Resin Scenics
Lot of 'em are metal.  Just "scenics"?

Yep, good spot, I'll go and change that.

British Corvette £0
I've ordered seven!

That's set to £0 while we get it back into production, so order as many as you like...!

Fantasy - old
Classic?

Maybe...

Pictures
Why are there 2 pictures per product?

Not sure what you mean there, there should only be 1 image on most of them?  We do have the option for adding extra images now, but I don't think many codes have been that fortunate!  Can you let me know which range/code that is and I'll have a look.

Post War and Modern
What's the cut off? The T54 is "modern", the Viet Nam war is "post war". If Falklands in "Modern" then the cut off must be 1979/80?

That's a good question, I don't think there is one really.  We'll have to come up with a better category name there and then we can put some info in our new info boxes about date ranges and stuff.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fsn

Quote from: Leon on 06 May 2017, 09:38:55 PM
Not sure what you mean there, there should only be 1 image on most of them?  We do have the option for adding extra images now, but I don't think many codes have been that fortunate!  Can you let me know which range/code that is and I'll have a look.

Um ... all of them. I see the picture of the product, and then underneath a thumbnail of the same picture. I've tried it in Firefox, Chrome and May Milady 'elp us, IE.

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!