Pendraken Miniatures Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
23 January 2021, 08:23:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Peninsular Napoleonic project is complete, updates coming soon!
314822 Posts in 18224 Topics by 2282 Members
Latest Member: josh_davidson
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Pendraken Miniatures Forum
|-+  Pendraken Releases, Requests and Photos!
| |-+  Requests
| | |-+  Sculpting plans for 2017!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sculpting plans for 2017!  (Read 8637 times)
Leon
Viscount

« on: 11 April 2017, 11:03:06 PM »

We've mentioned our plans for 2017 already but I thought it was worth going through the sculpting side of things in a bit more detail.

What We're Working On - April 2017

Tony
1. 1849-1866 Italians - A large project that is nearing completion now, we should have the final batch of sculpts with us at Salute.
2. 1860's Austrians - A couple of minor revamps for the Jagers and Grenzers to bring them up to par with the rest of the range.
3. Indian Mutiny - We'll be getting started on this one around June/July time and we'll be putting up a potential range list after Salute for input.

Phil (Techno)
1. Korean War - Comprehensive range covering all major nations in this conflict, a full sculpting list can be found here: http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,15019.0.html
2. Ancients - Where possible we'll be trying to fit in a revamp of the Dacians.

Mart678
1. Modern Vehicles - Working through the 1950's and into the 60's, so BTR40 and ASU57 for the Russians, Saracen, Saladin for the Brits, etc.

Steve Cox
1. WWII Vehicles - A mix of revamps and new additions, with the Sdkfz 251's next to get replaced and then some Belgian vehicles coming as well.

Clibinarium
1. Nothing to declare at this time!

The previous 'Working On' list can be found here: http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,14366.0.html

Cool
« Last Edit: 12 April 2017, 01:10:26 PM by Leon » Logged

www.pendraken.co.uk - Home to over 4200 products of shiny 10mm goodness!
www.minibits.net - MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Raiden Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and more!
FierceKitty
Field Marshal

The dog is a peasant. The cat is a gentleman.

« Reply #1 on: 11 April 2017, 11:46:32 PM »

The big A figures are sculpted already, aren't they?

I have not the pleasure of understanding you. Of what are you talking?
paulr
Field Marshal

« Reply #2 on: 12 April 2017, 03:03:31 AM »

Austrians Confused

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
FierceKitty
Field Marshal

« Reply #3 on: 12 April 2017, 05:27:49 AM »

Someday you'll hear a quiet movement behind you in a dark alley....

fsn
General

« Reply #4 on: 12 April 2017, 07:42:35 AM »

Yeah, PaulR, it's obviously Amazons!
Which leads me to "wot! No Warband?"  Shocked

1. Korean War - Comprehensive range covering all nations in this conflict,
You might want to be careful with that "all"; there are pedants about.

The Australian government cites troops from "North Korea, China and Russia ... South Korea and from 21 United Nations", and "included medical units from the Sovietsí allies Hungary, Czechoslovakia, Poland, Bulgaria and Romania."
(http://korean-war.commemoration.gov.au/armed-forces-in-korea/)

I look forward to the Polish MASH unit!  Tongue

Clibinarium
1. Nothing to declare at this time!
Is is more League of AusbErg? "Musketeers suspecting the onset of a lice infection" is, in my opinion, well past due.

« Last Edit: 12 April 2017, 07:48:52 AM by fsn » Logged

Lord Oik of Runcorn
(You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013
Oik of the Year 2014
Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!
2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020

15mm is dead. It just doesn't know it yet.
mollinary
Major General

« Reply #5 on: 12 April 2017, 08:57:03 AM »

We've mentioned our plans for 2017 already but I thought it was worth going through the sculpting side of things in a bit more detail.

What We're Working On - April 2017

Tony

2. 1860's Austrians - A couple of minor revamps for the Jagers and Grenzers to bring them up to par with the rest of the range.

Cool

Hi Leon,  I can see the reason for re-doing the grenze, but what needs doing with the jaegers? They were done at the same time as the rest of the range, and are very characterful figures. Or are these Jaegers in Kittel for 1859 Italy?

Mollinary
cameronian
Colonel

« Reply #6 on: 12 April 2017, 10:05:42 AM »

Bit puzzled by the Jaegers too, new sculpts as I recall, what's wrong with them ?

later ... is there a kneeling firing Jaeger, if not that would certainly be welcome.
« Last Edit: 12 April 2017, 10:08:41 AM by cameronian » Logged

Don't buy your daughters a pony, buy them heroin instead, its cheaper and ultimately less addictive.
Leon
Viscount

« Reply #7 on: 12 April 2017, 01:14:20 PM »

The big A figures are sculpted already, aren't they?

Not sure where we are with those, with them being a side project I've left them with Phil and we'll update once they're here with us.

Which leads me to "wot! No Warband?"  Shocked

You might want to be careful with that "all"; there are pedants about.

Warband is complete now, the last two ranges are here with us to be moulded and that'll be it for the main races.  There's some more Monsters we want to add, but those are longer term items we can knock out here and there.

I've edited the Korean mention to 'all major nations' for you...  Cheesy

Hi Leon,  I can see the reason for re-doing the grenze, but what needs doing with the jaegers? They were done at the same time as the rest of the range, and are very characterful figures.

Bit puzzled by the Jaegers too, new sculpts as I recall, what's wrong with them ?

The Jagers are older sculpts as far as I'm aware?  The moulds for the old range all had a red paint stripe on them and the Jagers and Grenzers are the only ones left with that mark.  Plus we've had several requests for updated sculpts for both types.

www.minibits.net - MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Raiden Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and more!
FierceKitty
Field Marshal

« Reply #8 on: 12 April 2017, 01:17:13 PM »

I clearly need new specs. I almost thought you'd called the Mexicans a "side project", absurd though that sounds.... Grin Silly me.

mollinary
Major General

« Reply #9 on: 12 April 2017, 01:24:28 PM »

Hi Leon,

The AU3 , Jagers in Kittel, are old sculpts. AU9, Jagers in Greatcoat, are defiintely the new sculpts. I can guarantee that the latter are new sculpts, as I used a number of the old sculpts (just one pose, advancing) as skirmishers in front of my battalions of the new poses, advancing and firing).

Mollinary
« Last Edit: 12 April 2017, 01:26:35 PM by mollinary » Logged
Leon
Viscount

« Reply #10 on: 12 April 2017, 01:34:49 PM »

The AU3 , Jagers in Kittel, are old sculpts. AU9, Jagers in Greatcoat, are defiintely the new sculpts. I can guarantee that the latter are new sculpts, as I used a number of the old sculpts (just one pose, advancing) as skirmishers in front of my battalions of the new poses, advancing and firing).

Ah yes, my fault, it's the AU3's which we're redoing, the AU9's are fine.

mad lemmey
Marquis

« Reply #11 on: 12 April 2017, 02:19:09 PM »

Large Jagermeister for Mollinary!

Off to the Shed of Decency.

Chekov's Gun, Occam's Razor, and Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle walk into a bar. You won't believe what happens next!

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner 😎
old smokie
Major

« Reply #12 on: 12 April 2017, 02:52:35 PM »

isn't about time we had some command for the AWI Queens Rangers
mad lemmey
Marquis

« Reply #13 on: 12 April 2017, 03:11:36 PM »

Do they work in a park?

Off to the Shed of Decency.

Chekov's Gun, Occam's Razor, and Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle walk into a bar. You won't believe what happens next!

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner 😎
GrumpyOldMan
Brigadier

I'm all ears!!

« Reply #14 on: 12 April 2017, 11:20:28 PM »

3. Indian Mutiny - We'll be getting started on this one around June/July time and we'll be putting up a potential range list after Salute for input.

Hello

Looking forward to what Indian figures will be put up as possibilities.

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: