More Moderns released - Pershings, M60s and more!

Started by Leon, 02 March 2017, 12:32:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Our Modern vehicle range is continually being added to, and we've got a variety of excellent new releases for you here.

First up, we've got the last of the 'M' variants we previewed last year, starting with the Pershings.  Over 2000 M26's were produced in total, with only a very small number being the M45 version we've got here as well.  We've also had some spare tracks done as well, so you can now add some useful armour plating to your vehicles.

Elsewhere we've got the M60 tank, in both A1 and A2 versions.  This one was produced in huge numbers, over 15,000 across it's many variants, and saw its main action during the Arab-Israeli Yom-Kipuur War.  The A2 'Starship' version had a completely new turret with both the 152mm gun and the Shillelagh anti-tank missile system.

And finally, a little treat for fsn as we've got the Centurion bridgelayer ready!  This is a huge piece of kit, with the bulked up Centurion plus bridge mechanism and the bridge itself, hence the higher pricing on it.  We're looking forward to seeing it in a game though!

Modern Vehicles - http://www.pendraken.co.uk/Post-War-Modern-c20/Modern-Vehicles-sc303/
MDV42  M26 Pershing, 90mm    £3.50
MDV43  M45 Pershing, 105mm    £3.50
MDV44  Separate tracks for turrets (x10)    £1.65
MDV45  M60A1, 105mm    £3.50
MDV46  M60A2 'Starship', 152mm + AT missile    £3.50
MDV47  Centurion Bridge layer with bridge  £10.00

And the pics:

MDV42 - M26 Pershing

MDV43 - M45 Pershing

MDV44 - Track armour

MDV45 - M60A1

MDV46 - M60A2

MDV47 - Centurion Bridgelayer

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

PB

Terry37

Excellent Leon! Now I can start putting together my Weird World War 2 1945 Russians vs American/British armies! Was waiting on that M26, and it looks great!

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Sunray

Quote from: Leon on 02 March 2017, 12:32:45 AM
Our Modern vehicle range is continually being added to, and we've got a variety of excellent new releases for you here.

And finally, a little treat for fsn as we've got the Centurion bridgelayer ready!  This is a huge piece of kit, with the bulked up Centurion plus bridge mechanism and the bridge itself, hence the higher pricing on it.  We're looking forward to seeing it in a game though.

MDV47 - Centurion Bridgelayer

8)

The "Number 6" was in service with BAOR from 1963 to 1974.   No hot engagements.  So if you want to see it in a Cold War game - we gamers need Soviet infantry to play with.   Rumour Control reckons  - if sticking to the present figure production  plan - that should happen around 2019/20. Way down the line after Korea and Arab Israeli....  That's a long time in the wargame world.

I have argued elsewhere on the forum for 10 stop gap Soviet figures  1960s-70s era to create games with Falklands Brits and Proxy Argies...

fsn

She's so beautiful!  :'(

She's a fiercesome beastie all right! Lovely. Lovely. Lovely.

Oh there's some Yank Tanks too!
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

I'd question the M26 as being modern, WWII vehicle, out of service by 54....that's 62 years ago.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Ithoriel

Anything this side of the Neo-Babylonians is modern in my book :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Sunray

Quote from: Ithoriel on 02 March 2017, 11:23:40 AM
Anything this side of the Neo-Babylonians is modern in my book :)

;D ;D

The post war/modern division is  a grey area.  With no major hot war and the cost of new weapons/embargos etc - WW2 and post war kit remained around for a long time.  Shermans in the Middle East,  T34/85s in Cyprus /a host of African nations, and I even saw an M36 in Bosnia. 

However, as Ian has argued, the M26 was essentially a WW2/Korea AFV. Around 300 deployed in Korean war.

My normal cut off is 56, as that's first use of AAGW, and Shermans left US Army service. Also ATGW start appearing in service quantities. (NO DONT MENTION THE X1, ALMOST CERTAINLY NEVER DEPLOYED IN 1944/5)

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

toxicpixie

Shermans are still front line kit in South America, as are some Stuarts as I understand it (go-ooooo Paraguay!).

So the Modern period starts in '41, and is still going. Either that or we're still in WW2.

*innocent whistle*
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Sunray

Quote from: toxicpixie on 02 March 2017, 12:15:58 PM
Shermans are still front line kit in South America, as are some Stuarts as I understand it (go-ooooo Paraguay!).

*innocent whistle*

Very interesting !  The Brazilians did a massive rebuild of their Stuarts in the 1990s. I have a mate who is into restoration - bren gun carrier and M4 Sherman ...has been out to  Brazil several times chasing a Stuart hull...

toxicpixie

The Brazillian ones were apparently so remodelled there's basically nothing left of the original tank! Someone posted a really good article (or link to the pdf of) about it, which went into considerable detail not just of the how, but the why's. Can't remember if that came up here or the Spearhead list or...

I think Paraguays are actually in training use/active reserve now, but if anyone started shooting I bet they'd see service quick as :)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Matt J

Please stop emptying my bank account  :'(

To save on postage will you have some of these with you at WMMS?
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep