First batch of 1849-1866 Italian sculpts!

Started by Leon, 12 February 2017, 12:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

12 February 2017, 12:20:30 PM Last Edit: 14 February 2017, 01:37:52 PM by Leon
The sculptor started work on these last month and the first lot landed with us a couple of weeks ago.  This initial set of foot includes the line in tunics, line in greatcoats and the bersaglieri.  More infantry to come later this month, so we'll get those photo'd as soon as they arrive here.

Command in tunic x 3 / Line in tunic x 2:

Command in greatcoat x 3 / Line in greatcoat x 2:

Bersaglieri, including command:

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

mollinary

2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

fred.

Nice. Not a period I know anything about or have any interest in, but I'm still looking at these and going hmmm, they are nice, what can I use htem for?
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Leman

Very nice indeed. Custozza now crying out to be played.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Techno

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

PB

Great figures and a really interesting period

soheitb

KTravlos

fsn

Quote from: KTravlos on 14 February 2017, 07:32:16 AM
Savoie! Viva Verdi!
I'm more of a Verdi man, myself.

As someone whose knowledge of the Italian Wars of Unicorns is like my knowledge of the Dark Lord's Ear Wax - I am aware they exist, but never been troubled to find more about them - though I I do know that both gave rise to a biscuit.

So, please ignore my ignorance. "Savoie" is, I assume "Savoy", and pledges support for the Royal House.

Is "Viva Verdi" "Long live the Green" rather than admiration for the composer. I would love to be wrong on this one, as once again, I find myself at a loss, as the last great composer was Beethoven and since then individuals may have been able to wring out the odd good tune but mostly it's been too high pitched, brassy and somewhat screechy. So, please throw a little light my way. Were the Greens a party in the IWU, or was the composer of Aida somehow a figurehead for one of the factions?
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

No, it's a green Vauxhall car....
https://goo.gl/images/K0ZWDi

Coz I canna be bothered saving THAT to photobucket!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Westmarcher

14 February 2017, 12:41:18 PM #14 Last Edit: 14 February 2017, 12:43:56 PM by Westmarcher
That's just you, isn't it? Changeable as the seasons.   :P

btw, pretty poor paint job.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.