T-35 available and more!

Started by Leon, 27 December 2016, 11:18:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

We hope everyone has had a good Christmas with a suitable pile of gaming goodies stacked under the tree!  We've got a few more presents ready for you here as well, with the T-35 heavy tank now available!  This 5-turreted beast was produced before the start of WWII and remained in service through until 1940.  During Operation Barbarossa, the vast majority of losses were down to mechanical breakdown of the vehicle, rather than any enemy action!  This is a huge model, coming with separate turrets and tracks as well, so we'll be looking forward to seeing some on the table!

Elsewhere, we've added some extra fuel tanks for your T-34's as well as general stowage.  These come in two varieties, the earlier square type and also the single drum used in the later war.

WWII
Russian - http://www.pendraken.co.uk/World-War-II-c19/Russian-sc128/
SV75  Square fuel tanks for T-34's, early style (x10)   £1.65
SV76  Single drum fuel tanks for T-34's (x10)   £1.65
SV77  T-35  £6.00

And the pics:

SV75 - Square fuel tanks

SV76 - Drum fuel tanks

SV77 - T-35 heavy tank

More releases to follow soon!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Womble67

Very nice indeed

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

PB

Some things you just have to have. Very nice

fsn

Merry Pendrakenmas!

What a mighty Beastie!

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

fsn

Can I just say that this year's FSN Pendrakenmas adventure was not sponsored by the T35 in any way shape or form. It was not written to encourage readers to but T35s nor to advertie Pendraken T35s at all.

I was not paid or given anything in kind for mentioning T35s.

Nothing.

Not a bean.

Rotten, isn't it?

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015

d_Guy

Having never seen one before I was very much taken with them in a steampunk sort of way.
I discovered that they had a crew of eleven!
Serious question: what did they all do?
I figured driver and assistant*, commander, main gunner and loader, two secondary gunners, two machine gunners, powder monkey and cook with the last two doubling as chief engineer and assistant engineer.

* the assistant driver being the "look-out-for-the..." man (or possibly woman).
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

d_Guy

Quote from: fsn on 28 December 2016, 10:54:42 AM
Can I just say that this year's FSN Pendrakenmas adventure was not sponsored by the T35 in any way shape or form. It was not written to encourage readers to but T35s nor to advertie Pendraken T35s at all.

I was not paid or given anything in kind for mentioning T35s.

Nothing.

Not a bean.

Rotten, isn't it?

I had a rather nice product placement in one of my responses (just saying).

Steve J

Lovely looking tank and may get added to my Early War kit :)

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: d_Guy on 28 December 2016, 01:30:48 PM
Having never seen one before I was very much taken with them in a steampunk sort of way.
I discovered that they had a crew of eleven!
Serious question: what did they all do?
I figured driver and assistant*, commander, main gunner and loader, two secondary gunners, two machine gunners, powder monkey and cook with the last two doubling as chief engineer and assistant engineer.

* the assistant driver being the "look-out-for-the..." man (or possibly woman).

The last two are designated to get out and push when it suffers from 'ideological differences' with the commander!

Anyway, time to start my birthday list with a couple of these at the top I think, closely followed by Uncle Phil's petting zoo :D
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

fred.

Quote from: O Dinas Powys on 28 December 2016, 02:12:27 PM
closely followed by Uncle Phil's petting zoo :D

Leon, if you could add that as a sub-heading on the website.  ;D  :D
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

fsn

Crewman                                            Rank                                                                        Location and Duties
Commander                                       Starshij Leitenant (Senior lieutenant)                in the turret No.1 (main turret); to the right from the gun; command the tank, loads the main gun, fires the DT TMG
Commander's Assistant                   Leitenant                                                                in the turret No.2 (frontal turret with a gun); fires of the 45-mm gun; responsible for operational condition of the tank
Junior Tank Technician                     Voentechnic Vtorogo Rankga                            in the steering compartment; drives the tank; responsible for operational condition of the tank
Tank Driver                                           Starshina                                                              in the turret No.3 (frontal turret with a machine-gun); fires of the machine-gun, responsible for operational condition of the engine, assistant of the Junior Tank Technician
Commander of the Main Turret       Mladshij Komandir Vzvoda                                to the left from the main gun; fires of the main gun; responsible for operational condition of the main turret
Commander of the Turret No.2       Otdelennij Komandir                                           to the right from the 45-mm gun; loads the gun; responsible for operational condition of the turret No.2
Commander of the turret No.4 (rear turret with a gun)   
                                                              Otdelennij Komandir                                           to the left from the gun; fires the 45-mm gun; assistant to the Commander of the Main Turret; responsible for operational condition of the turret No.4
Junior Tank Driver                              Otdelennij Komandir                                         in the turret No.4, to the right from the gun; loads the gun; responsible for operational condition of the running gear of the tank
Commander of the Turret No.5 (rear turret with a machine-gun)
                                                             Otdelennij Komandir                                              in the turret No.5, fires the machine-gun; responsible for operational condition of the turret No.5
Senior Radio Operator                     Otdelennij Komandir                                             in the main turret; operates the radio; loads the main gun
Senior Tank Driver                             Mladshij Koandir Vzvoda                                     outside the tank; responsible for operational condition of the transmission and the running gear of the tank
Motor-mechanic                                  Mladshij Technic                                                  outside the tank; responsible for operational condition of the tank's engine

Sorry about the formatting - see:
http://english.battlefield.ru/tanks/10-heavy-tanks/27-t-35.html

This is a crew of 12 - 2 who are "outside the tank".  :-\

d_Guy

Thanks, fsn!
Amazingly complex operations. I did read that more were lost to mechanical failure and wrecks  then to enemy action.
(Like the "Red Ball Express")
Almost expected the ranks to be Naval and the turrets labeled "A","B","M", "X", "Y" or some such.  :)

fsn

Quote from: d_Guy on 28 December 2016, 06:34:15 PM
Amazingly complex operations. I did read that more were lost to mechanical failure and wrecks  then to enemy action.

You read my work then?