New brick walls released!

Started by Leon, 23 September 2016, 01:23:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

23 September 2016, 01:23:30 AM Last Edit: 23 September 2016, 01:31:24 AM by Leon
We're continuing to expand our scenery ranges and a lot of you have already got your hands on some of our stone walls and hedges!  This month John at Ironclad Miniatures has been working on some urban style brick walls for us, in both low and high varieties.

As with the previous releases, these packs contain 4 pieces each, with the straights and corners all being a single design, whilst the gates contain two types per pack (the buttresses are only on one side or each wall.)  The low walls are 8mm in height, equating to around 4ft at 10mm scale.  The high walls are 12mm in height, equating to a 6ft wall.  Each piece is 80mm in length (walls are 40mm in each direction) giving you just over 1ft of walls per pack.

These new packs can be found in the 'Walls & Hedges' section of our website: http://www.pendraken.co.uk/Resin-Scenics-and-Trees-c25/Walls-Hedges-sc338/

SCN-WLH10   Low brick walls, straight (4 pieces)     £3.00

SCN-WLH11   Low brick walls, corner (4 pieces)     £3.00

SCN-WLH12   Low brick walls, gates (4 pieces)     £3.00

SCN-WLH13   High brick walls, straight (4 pieces)     £3.00

SCN-WLH14   High brick walls, corner (4 pieces)     £3.00

SCN-WLH15   High brick walls, gates (4 pieces)     £3.00

And a picture of them with some of our Falklands figures:

For those gaming in other scales, these would also work for 6mm 'high' walls and 15mm 'low' walls.

And whilst we're at it, a few folk asked for some more irregular hedge types, so we've added a pack of those for you as well!

SCN-WLH9   Hedges, irregular (4 pieces)     £3.00

We hope you like them!  

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

FierceKitty

"Do you think they'll get around to giving us a roof some day, Sarge?"
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Orcs

Householder answers Telephone

Caller: Good Morning, Can I speak to Mr Wall?

Householder: I am afraid he is not here

Caller: Can I speak to Mrs Wall then?

Householder: she is not here either

Caller: Are any of the Walls there ?

Householder : No

Caller:  How do you hold your ceiling up then ?
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Norm

They are a nice addition to the range, I like the extra height.

Techno

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Those are brilliant (makes note to long term shopping list).
All in all, you're just...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

fsn

Well, that's next Pendraken Ordering Day sorted!

Like 'em a lot.

On an aesthetic level, I like getting my scenery from the same supplier. Seems to add a level of (doubtless unrealistic) homogenity to the proceedings.

In the true spirit of the Pendraken forum, I shall now ask for more.

You asked for anything else in this line a while ago. Any news on that? Wells, flower beds, cats, or day I say it ... a shwubbery?
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

High brick walls for FPW - brilliant!
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Wulf

Lovely. My... fifth? I think... different kind of wall.  8)

Will order with the hedges soon.

Same plea as with the hedges though, broken & demolished sections, etc.

Leon

Quote from: fsn on 23 September 2016, 07:38:46 AM
You asked for anything else in this line a while ago. Any news on that? Wells, flower beds, cats, or day I say it ... a shwubbery?

We've got some circular hedge clumps coming soon as well, we should have those ready in the next month or so hopefully.

Quote from: Wulf on 23 September 2016, 09:59:43 AM
Same plea as with the hedges though, broken & demolished sections, etc.

I'll have a chat with John and get something sorted.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Wulf

Got a shedload of these of both sizes. Lovely crisp detailed products, get 'em while they're fresh.

To those that use these and the hedges - do you base them on something wider/weightier for stability, or just use as they are?

fred.

I've found the hedges fine as is, they aren't that high compared to the base so are pretty stable.

The higher walls may need some help.

I'd missed the irregular hedges so might need to get some of these.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Wulf

I wouldn't want the walls any higher - and I don't like very thick bases, should I put an additional wider layer on below the resin - so I'll try as they are.