DFlynSqrls Warband Progress

Started by DFlynSqrl, 11 September 2016, 11:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DFlynSqrl

11 September 2016, 11:06:12 PM Last Edit: 15 February 2017, 03:14:34 PM by Leon
A while back I picked up the Warband rules and a couple of starter armies.  Finally getting some time to put them on the painting table.  This is my second go at 10mm and I have to say I'm really having fun with it.  There's so much character in these little guys!

King Braggust Coalfist VI

King Coalfist listened attentively to the latest report from General Thorgeld Bromlow while the anger he felt slowly began to creep into his expression.  When the report had finished, he spat upon the floor and looked first at General Thorgeld, and then the rest of the assembly.  He measured his voice and said, "That foul Lich Shilvain and his minions have tainted our borders with their stench for too long.  It is time we showed them that the Dwarves of Halvoskaar are no mere fleas to be picked at and smashed."  He rose from his thrown and all the assembled Dwarves bowed before him.  He exclaimed, "Rise my warriors!  Call forth the clans!  Assemble the armies for we march to meet Shilvain and his accursed horde!"

Heart of the Mountain

Whenever the Dwarves of Halvoskaar march to war the King will command his Grand Mage to retrieve the Heart of the Mountain.  The Grand Mage will take his entourage into the Mine of Basvick  to search for a large piece of rock that has magical properties.  The Geomancers will shape runes upon the stone that aid the mages in battle.  Although the Heart of the Mountain is merely symbolic, and not some ancient relic, many enemy armies have wasted valuable troops and resources to seek it's destruction in battle.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Those are superb!
Might have to steal the stone gollem idea...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

d_Guy

Like'em Like'em Like'em. Great explainations too.  :-bd
Sleep with clean hands ...

Techno

Excellent, that man !! :-bd

Cheers - Phil

Bodvoc

'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

fred.

Very good looking units. Are they on double thickness bases?
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

toxicpixie

Quote from: fred. on 12 September 2016, 07:40:23 AM
Very good looking units. Are they on double thickness bases?

I think that's the table edge!

Nice troops :)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

DFlynSqrl

Thank you everyone!

Quote from: fred. on 12 September 2016, 07:40:23 AM
Are they on double thickness bases?

As toxicpixie guessed, it's the edge of my painting desk.  I'm using the MDF bases that came with the Hill Dwarf starter.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

DFlynSqrl

Thanks everyone!

Next up... some pony riders!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Very nice, indeed !  8)

Cheers - Phil