BEF 1940

Started by Gazza, 26 June 2016, 05:42:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gazza

I am slowly building and painting some British and German forces for gaming the Fall of France. Here are some Brits I have recently completed. I aim to have enough models to represent an infantry battalion/company (depending whether a base represents a section or a platoon) with various support elements, hence the random assortment of armour on display! I've got another three bases worth of infantry plus some 25 mm. Hotchkiss A/T guns and Vickers MGs to paint next. I plan to add a Matilda II, three Bren Carriers and some Morris CS9s (although I'll probably have to go to Pithead for the latter two) before moving on to ze Germans. I'll use BKCIII when it's released, but in the meanwhile am using a homebrew set.

Company/Platoon 1

Company/Platoon 2

Matilda Is

Cruiser Mk III (A13)

Mk VI and VIC

Thanks for looking chaps!
'Which painting in the National Gallery would I save if there was a fire? The one nearest the door of course.' - GB Shaw

Das Blog: http://we-stand-and-fight.blogspot.co.uk/

nikharwood

Very nice, Gazza, very nice 8)

Steve J

Matt J

2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

Techno

Definitely like those.  8)

Cheers - Phil

Leman

Very nice looking figures, vehicles and basing.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

mollinary

Love those Matilda 1s,  the beasts that time forgot!  :D

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Tawa

Well that went down like a lead baboon......

O.P.E (Oik of the Pendraken Empire) - 2015 Honours List.

Gazza

Thanks for all your positive responses chaps. I should have more to show you in the coming weeks.
'Which painting in the National Gallery would I save if there was a fire? The one nearest the door of course.' - GB Shaw

jchaos79

wow great painting

jems

Excellent figures and vehicles.

Bodvoc

The painting on the tanks is great. :)
'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

Gazza

It's about time I posted my progress on this enterprise. Before I continue, though, I must warn the reader that some of miniatures in the following images are NOT of the Pendraken stable. If you are liable to find such material offensive I advise you to navigate away now! The reason for such polygyny is simple: Pendraken don't make Bren/Scout Carriers, which were used by the BEF in France 1940 and differ from the later Universal Carrier. There is, however, no excuse for the Dingo... :o

On another note, to try and "light a fire" under this project I have started a blog, which you can reach HERE.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Superb!
Always an excuse for a Dingo!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner