Langezsalza in 2mm

Started by Leman, 24 January 2016, 01:33:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leman

24 January 2016, 01:33:30 PM Last Edit: 24 January 2016, 01:35:38 PM by Leman
Initially a WIP photo as some interest has been raised concerning 2mm. I decided to give this a go in 2mm as I want to play out some of the 1866 battles quite soon, and this seemed the quickest way to do it as I am currently working on SYW stuff in 10mm. Just one photo showing one base of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha allies of the Prussians:

[imghttp://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g440/dourpuritan/2mm%20Langensaltza%20for%20BBB/IMG_1726_zpsnrdizhm3.jpg[/img]http://

Bear in mind that these are viewed from at least 2'-3' when playing so not much detail needed - hence the penny to give an idea of scale.

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Steve J

Excellent work old chap. Knowing how small these are you've done an excellent job on those flags!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Prince Albert would be proud!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

I wonder if Mrs Battenberg would be equally pleased?

d_Guy

Wow! Great looking flags, Leman.
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Subedai

They look good. I've recently been in contact with that nice Mr Kay about some 2mm.

You helped me with my info for my 6mm FPW and now look what you have started!

It's easy to go off people you know.  :)
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Leman

O Dinas Powys

Very nice  :-bd

Quote from: Subedai on 24 January 2016, 04:33:40 PM
They look good. I've recently been in contact with that nice Mr Kay about some 2mm.

You helped me with my info for my 6mm FPW and now look what you have started!

It's easy to go off people you know.  :)

We'll need a 2mm sub-sub-forum soon  ;)

Cheers!

Meirion
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

petercooman

Techno

O Dinas Powys

27 January 2016, 12:32:18 PM #10 Last Edit: 27 January 2016, 12:37:49 PM by O Dinas Powys
Quote from: Leman on 24 January 2016, 01:33:30 PM

Just wanted to ask which code these are, RBG12 3-rank Forlorn Hope?

From the picture they look like they might work rotated 90o as a warband/shield wall.  What do you think?

Cheers!

Meirion

EDIT: I've assumed they're marching left to right in the pictures because of the direction of the flags and the alignment of the base!  I've just realised this may not be necessarily the case...  :-/ :-[

Leman

The figures are BG1 - 20 figures in two ranks with flag from the Horse and Musket range. BG39 is the same without the flag. They are supplied in groups of three, so I have used one pack per base. I also have some bases with one line inf base and two skirmish bases to represent a divisional/brigade ability to put out skirmishers. RBG codes are the Renaissance figures - I haven't actually seen RBG 12.

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: Leman on 27 January 2016, 02:35:21 PM
The figures are BG1 - 20 figures in two ranks with flag from the Horse and Musket range. BG39 is the same without the flag. They are supplied in groups of three, so I have used one pack per base. I also have some bases with one line inf base and two skirmish bases to represent a divisional/brigade ability to put out skirmishers. RBG codes are the Renaissance figures - I haven't actually seen RBG 12.

Okay, cool, thanks.

So they are facing towards the short edge of the base?

Cheers,

Meirion

Subedai

Still remaining within the '2mm' parameters of the thread -just. Has anybody got any pics of the Irregular Renaissance range? In particular the pike and musket blocks. I'm asking because I am wondering if it is possible to cut the muskets away from the pikes to make larger blocks of each type.
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Ithoriel

I've just got confirmation from Ian that my 2mm Renaissance stuff is on it's way.

I'm planning to use a 30-shot/ 15-pike block with a 15-pike block glued on behind as a 60 man unit of Spanish militia, a tercio as Spanish regulars and the forlorn hope as English cuthroats ... err sailors. Plus some ancient period bows for the native tribesmen used alongside the Spanish militia.

I'll post some pics when I get them.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data