Pendraken are looking for...

Started by Leon, 23 January 2016, 07:33:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

... staff, helpers, people with skills!  Sort of...!

When it comes to expanding our catalogue, we're pretty good at it!  We've got excellent sculptors to make the figures, an experienced chap to mould them up, then a great team of casters to get them out and onto your tables.  As we get bigger though there are a few areas that we'd like to work on, where our collective skill set isn't quite up to the job.  So, we're on the lookout for some new cogs to slot into the Pendraken machine!  These are really freelance roles, needed on an 'as and when' basis, so nothing full-time at the moment.

Graphic Designer - My Photoshop skills are reasonably good for putting together most of the stuff we currently need, but we've got some ideas we want to expand on that require someone a little more talented.  We're looking for someone with solid design skills in graphic software like Photoshop and similar, and with a portfolio of previous work we can see.  Contact us for more details if you think this could be you!

2D Drawing Designer - Our laser machine often gets a bit bored with cutting endless square and circle bases, so we've got some ideas to keep it entertained!  This person will need to be proficient with 2D drawing packages such as CorelDraw, AutoCAD or similar, to provide us with .dxf files suitable for our laser machine.  Previous experience with designing for laser machines would be a benefit, as would any experience in scale modelling.

YouTuber / Video Editor - Pendraken has had a YouTube channel for a number of years but it's not seen much action or use.  We've like to rectify this by adding some how-to videos, painting tutorials and the like.  We're looking for someone with all of the equipment and experience to make good quality videos.  Editing ability would be a bonus but not essential.  We'd provide the subject matter and the products required, the completed video would then be sent to us for us to upload.

Flag Designer - Calling all vexillologists!  As our ranges expand we'd like to work on having the flags available to go with them all.  To this end we're looking for someone with good abilities in drawing software who would enjoy drawing out flag designs for us.  Ideally, we would provide the period/nation and then this person would need to do the necessary research to produce accurate drawings.

With all of the above, these are very much part-time / freelance jobs, so we're looking for someone who just wants to make a bit of extra money now and then.  Someone from within wargaming is preferable as it makes it easier for both parties when there's a previous knowledge of the subject.  We're also open to any offers from people just getting started or wanting to build a portfolio, as long as you've got the skills required.

So, I hope that all makes sense, either reply here or drop us an email to d.pengilley@btinternet.com if you're interested!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Fenton

So your not looking for someone to hang around the office all day getting paid for playing wargames
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Leon

Quote from: Fenton on 23 January 2016, 07:48:24 PM
So your not looking for someone to hang around the office all day getting paid for playing wargames

I think if I offered that job we'd have a queue around the block...
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Fenton

You could always just PM me on the quiet
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

mollinary

Quote from: Leon on 23 January 2016, 07:33:31 PM
... staff, helpers, people with skills!  Sort of...!

Flag Designer - Calling all vexillologists!  As our ranges expand we'd like to work on having the flags available to go with them all.  To this end we're looking for someone with good abilities in drawing software who would enjoy drawing out flag designs for us.  Ideally, we would provide the period/nation and then this person would need to do the necessary research to produce accurate flags

What a shame - one out of two isn't good enough!  Love doing the research, have the design skills of a hyperactive baboon.

Never mind, good luck in the research!

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

Quote from: Fenton on 23 January 2016, 08:14:47 PM
You could always just PM me on the quiet

As soon as that position becomes available, I'll drop you a line...

Quote from: mollinary on 23 January 2016, 08:20:00 PM
What a shame - one out of two isn't good enough!  Love doing the research, have the design skills of a hyperactive baboon.

You never know, if we find someone who can draw but doesn't like research, we might be able to work something out!

Quote from: mad lemmey on 23 January 2016, 08:32:05 PM
Shared to several sources

Excellent, cheers!

8)

petercooman

So can't get the Leon clones to smarten up eh?

:d :d :d :d :d ;)

paulr

Some interesting "roles" that will add significantly to the Pendraken "empire" :)

Shame I don't have the skill sets required :(

Some good thinking seeing the need for these additional skills and the willingness to go looking :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Luddite

*Wishing I had some skills in any of those areas...*
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

Ithoriel

Quote from: Luddite on 24 January 2016, 01:56:26 AM
*Wishing I had some skills in any of those areas...*

*Wishing I had some skills*  :(
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Westmarcher

Did someone mention clones?

:O) :O) :O) :O) :O) :O) :O) :O) :O) :O) :O) :O) :O) :O) :O) :O) :O) :O) :O) :O) :O) :O) :O) :O) :O) :O) :O) :O) :O)

I'll regret this when I'm sober tomorrow.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Sandinista

Steve J

It could be worth contacting your local design college to see if they would be interested in what we used to call 'live projects'. Basically you get maybe 30 plus students coming up with ideas for your graphic requirements, then you can choose the one you like the best and then give them and/or the college a cash prize. Just a thought...

Westmarcher

Sounds like a good idea, Steve.  :-bd

btw Leon, I've found a flag designer for you.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.