Italian AT and a remodelled T-34!

Started by Leon, 06 December 2015, 03:15:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

We're continuing to revamp some of our older vehicle models and this month we've had a remodelled T-34 arrive at Pendraken HQ.  This is obviously one of the biggest sellers in our WWII Soviet range so it'll be good to get it brought up to our current standards.

We've also got three new turrets with this, both early and later 76mm turrets and then the 85mm on the right hand side.  The smaller items at the front are early and later style fuel tanks.

And for those interested, here's a pic of the new model next to the current one.  It's always interesting to see how much the modelling quality has come on in the 20+ years since we first started!

We've already got the Cannone da 90/53 on the back of our Lancia truck but we've now had a ground mounting done for it as well, to go along with some new Italian artillery crewmen we've had sitting here for a while.  This is a three-piece kit and looks excellent:

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Orcs

Very Nice.  the Italian 90 will go on my wish list
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Steve J

Wow, that T-34 looks nice. Is it the photo or is it bigger? That AT gun looks great as well.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Very nice work boys!

No one spotted that one coming!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fsn

I'm sure that the new T34 is sightly bigger?

Lots of detail though!

Nice additions to the range.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

petercooman

Will they completely replace the old ones? Or will those still be available for those of us who already have a bunch and want to add some?

As said the new one looks bigger!

Leon

Quote from: Steve J on 06 December 2015, 08:25:27 AM
Is it the photo or is it bigger?

Quote from: fsn on 06 December 2015, 09:53:58 AM
I'm sure that the new T34 is sightly bigger?

Quote from: petercooman on 06 December 2015, 12:44:20 PM
As said the new one looks bigger!

Yep, the new one is bigger than the current, hence the comparison picture.  There are a few of the older vehicles in our ranges that weren't properly scaled to the 1:150th that we work to these days, so they don't look right when they're on the table next to the other vehicles.  We're going to slowly replace any that don't size up correctly, along with some of the older, less detailed models.  The first vehicles to get this treatment are the Tiger, Panther, Shermans and T-34's here.

Quote from: petercooman on 06 December 2015, 12:44:20 PM
Will they completely replace the old ones? Or will those still be available for those of us who already have a bunch and want to add some?

They'll be replaced in the catalogue/website for all new customers, but we'll still be able to supply the older model if people still need any.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Rob

I like the way the quality of the tanks is improving. I have a brigade (39 models) of T34/76 from Wargame South in which I've been planning to replace one of its regiments with a T34/85 regiment. This shpould fit the bill nicely.

Wow and an Italian ground fired 90mm AA gun. Pendraken must be the only company to make this in 10mm.

All super.

:) Rob

petercooman

Quote from: Leon on 06 December 2015, 10:15:02 PM
They'll be replaced in the catalogue/website for all new customers, but we'll still be able to supply the older model if people still need any.

8)

Thanks, good to know!

Ace of Spades

Oh my! Am I glad I waited to start with my new project! :D :-bd

Cheers,
Rob
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Dave

Another good reason for doing the T34 is so it can be converted to the Egyptian version with the 100mm and 122mm guns - strange looking vehicles!!!!

Dave

Wulf

Will the KV line be remodelled? I always thought they looked a bit small (certainly compared to... other ones... from elsewhere... )

barbarian

Still missing the proper turret for Kursk ;) ;)
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!