Ambushed! Warband report for Nosher!

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 03 December 2015, 10:58:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

A dark cloaked figure stepped out of the mist, finger tips crackling, as flame after flame leapt from his hand into the retreating remains of the Orc supply party, sending screams of agony up into the morning mist. They had failed to kill the band's leader, but many more were dead, and, more importantly, these scum would go hungry tonight!
The ambush had gone well, many orcs lay dead, or if they were not dead now, they would be soon!
An assassin bowed low before him, his poisoned blades dripping dark, Orc blood, onto the shrivelling, hissing, steaming grass. The Warlock nodded his head, almost imperceptibly, in recognition that the Assassin had saved his life from a rouge band of Orc warriors. This was high praise. The Warlock then looked on as the deadly killer limped off to find a healer, he was covered in jagged blade slashes and gouges from wolf teeth where the Orc's Wolf Riders had caught him unawares, but he would heal, the wolves would not.
From the east, the Chieftain arrived at the head of a long column of Dark Elf warriors, many carrying severed Orcs heads on their spears as grizzly trophies of their victories. From the North, approaching the smoking remains of a once prosperous settlement, crossbow armed Dark Elves carefully retrieved bolts from the dead, cleansing them of tarnishing ichor. All had fought well, but this was only the first blow against the Orc, soon, they would be crushed!

;)

An understrength Orc force is out gathering supplies and fresh water, when the Dark Elves spring an ambush in the morning mist!
Fought this one on a 2 1/2' by 3' table, using 60mmx30mm bases and Heroes bluetaked onto spare bases!
Forces:
Orcs (Commanded by me):
Chieftain 1d6+1
Shaman 1d6-1 (A mercenary mage who promised great things, but will it deliver?)
Warriors x 3 with shieldwall
Warrior with shieldwall and hero
Bows x 2
Wolfrider x1
About 390 points

Dark Elves (Commanded by Imi, my 10 year-old:
Chieftain 1d6+1
Warlock 1d6+2
Bows x 3 with powerful
Warriors x 4 with fierce
Assassin x 1 with swift and powerful
About 500 points

Deployment:
I threw some pretty terrain at the table! Village and pond were central, rest was literally thrown!

Orcs deployed first using random deployment, but if they rolled 5-6 they had to be within 2BW of both the village and the pond.
Then I let Imi choose where to spring her ambush. She also decided to get out her Frozen figures!!!

The General has a plan!

Aggressive moves from the Orcs attack the Dark Warlock, the Assassin and the Elf spear line

The high water mark of the battle! Orc and Dark Elf exchange missile fire, while foot and Wolf troops get stuck in!

Wolf Riders, seen off after a flank attack on the assassin break past the Warriors, who are in trouble after catching 6 fireballs from the mage, four hit, one saved!

Imi sums up my General!

Imi breaks the bulk of my forces! Two warriors and a Wolf rider are routed, two orc archer units are having to recoil from concentrated missile fire. The Orcs mercenary mage was next to hopeless all game!

Pretty happy with her results!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

So in summary...

You're not smarter than a 10 year old ;D
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Bodvoc

'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

Nosher

Superb :)

Told you the female of the species is more deadlier than the male :P Sarlea would be proud of her 'Frozen' Warlock ;)
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Steve J

Well done to her and to you for putting on the game :).

petercooman

FierceKitty

That may be the cutest gamer in the world apart from my wife.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

jimduncanuk

Quote from: mad lemmey on 03 December 2015, 10:58:16 PM

a rouge band of Orc warriors.

I chuckled at the thought of some redskin orcs ...

:)
My Ego forbids a signature.

Sean67

05 December 2015, 09:44:25 AM #9 Last Edit: 05 December 2015, 09:46:02 AM by Sean67
Quote from: jimduncanuk on 04 December 2015, 12:40:57 PM
I chuckled at the thought of some redskin orcs ...

:)

Thought that myself when I first read it Orcs with rouged cheeks  ;D ;D ;D ;D :D
Well done Imi take advantage move on into Orc territory.
Regards
Sean

Orcs

Quote from: paulr on 04 December 2015, 04:01:23 AM
So in summary...

You're not smarter than a 10 year old ;D

He was on a looser whatever the outcome

looks like you had a good game
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

jchaos79

It seems a pleasant game, nice armies, nice tabletop, nice company. Cheers, iin the end that is what all of this is about: Fun and good company