First look at the new WWII Polish!

Started by Leon, 21 October 2015, 12:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

We've been chatting about this new range here: http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,12819.0.html taking your input on board for our new range of WWII Polish.  The first batch arrived from the sculptor today, so here's some quick pics of what we've got so far:

Infantry - Firing / Walking / Kneeling

Infantry - LMG + loader / AT rifle + No.2 / MMG + loader

Infantry - Mortar crew x 2 / Art spotter / Officer shouting / Radio Operator / Senior Officers x 2

More to come next month!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

GrumpyOldMan

Hello Leon

Very nice, of course my mind is churning with what else I can use these for  :D :D.

Shame they don't have puttees  :D.

Although the short lived pre-war French paratroops come to mind....

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

Steve J

Blimey that was quick! They are very nice and can't wait for the next batch of stuff :).

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Compliments to the Chef ! 8)
Cheers - Phil

FierceKitty

The shouting officer - is that Major Gumby?
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

fsn

Quote from: GrumpyOldMan on 21 October 2015, 12:42:54 AM
Although the short lived pre-war French paratroops come to mind....
GrumpyOldMan
When you say "short lived" ... was that due to some failure in training methods?
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

GrumpyOldMan

Quote from: fsn on 21 October 2015, 08:37:40 AM
When you say "short lived" ... was that due to some failure in training methods?

I'd like to say it was the unfortunate accidents that happened when live sparks from their Gauloises hit the canopy :) but it was more a case of a different stategic direction as in "Paratroops, hmmph this will never get off the ground. " - and they didn't :)

Leon

Thanks for all the comments!

Quote from: Steve J on 21 October 2015, 06:46:31 AM
Blimey that was quick! They are very nice and can't wait for the next batch of stuff :).

We can be pretty quick on the infantry side of things when we're on top of stuff!  We've got to get the artillery pieces done in plasticard though, so those will delay the release date on this range.  I'd imagine it being Jan/Feb next year hopefully.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leon

Quote from: GrumpyOldMan on 21 October 2015, 12:42:54 AM
Shame they don't have puttees  :D.

I've just heard back from the sculptor on that, they usually wore anklets/short puttees, which he has put on these.

Steve J

Early next year release will give me time to paint up some Germans, which I've had for over 5 years now, untouched in their bags etc :-[.

Womble67

These look superb looking forward to their release

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

GrumpyOldMan

Hello Leon

Quote from: Leon on 21 October 2015, 05:23:04 PM
I've just heard back from the sculptor on that, they usually wore anklets/short puttees, which he has put on these.

I wasn't casting aspersions on the Polish (look like a great range), I was just harking back to my perennial complaint on the lack of figures in tunic and puttees  :) (apart from WW1 British). Actually this came about when I was thinking that the Poles could proxy in as Slovaks/Czechs really well - apart from the lack of puttees  :).

Actually with a naval collar added they could also be used as Italian Marines:-

And I imagine that the senior officers will find themselves thrown back through time to the Russo-Polish War  :).

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

Leon

The designer suggested Italians for puttees, but I'd need to check the figures at this end.

paulr

Very nice & very prompt :)

You shld probably keep this guy on, seems faster than Phil ;) ;D
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!