Pendraken Miniatures Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
20 January 2021, 03:25:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Libertad!, our Spanish Civil War supplement is now available!
314501 Posts in 18212 Topics by 2277 Members
Latest Member: Chalace
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Pendraken Miniatures Forum
|-+  Pendraken Releases, Requests and Photos!
| |-+  New Figure Previews
| | |-+  Previous Years' Previews
| | | |-+  2016 Previews
| | | | |-+  Loads of 20th C. masters!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Loads of 20th C. masters!  (Read 15106 times)
Leon
Viscount

« on: 29 August 2015, 02:47:14 AM »

It's been a busy old month at Pendraken HQ with all those shiny new releases, but we've also got more masters arriving all of the time, so here's a preview of some upcoming new WWI, WWII and Modern vehicles, artillery and infantry!

We'll start with WWI, where Martin has been busy working on some Austro-Hungarian tractors and the artillery piece they towed.  The Austin Daimler M12 and M17 tractors were both used for towing the 30.5cm Belagerungsmorser.  The M12 was used from 1912-1915 and a bit more info can be found here: http://www.trucksplanet.com/catalog/model.php?id=1786  The M17 was then used from 1917-1918, again more info here: http://www.trucksplanet.com/catalog/model.php?id=1788.

The models have been done in several parts, so the blu-tacked/balanced together pieces don't look as good in the photos as they will as a finished casting!

Austin Daimler M12:

Austin Daimler M17:

And here's a short video of the M12 in action:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpFWH7iF46s" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpFWH7iF46s</a>

As well as the tractors, Martin has also done us the gun and the trailer for towing it.  The 30.5cm Belagerungsmorser (or Skinny Emma) was a heavy mortar developed and produced by the Austro-Hungarian Empire before the start of the war.  There's loads more info on this one here: http://www.militaryfactory.com/armor/detail.asp?armor_id=671

I've not taken a picture of the trailer, as it comprises of several parts and I didn't want to lose any of them, but the gun looks fantastic!

30.5cm Belagerungsmorser with firing plate:

Moving on to WWII, first up we've got some more new WWII French for everyone.  This rounds off the current batch of sculpts and we'll be moving back to the Naps expansion in the coming months.

Engineers: With pick / With shovel / Laying mine.  25mm Hotckiss: Gun / Loader.  ChasseursKneeling / Walking / Running.

Elsewhere, we've also started revamping some of our older vehicles, starting with the German Panther D!  This is an excellent model, Martin has done a cracking job on this and we'll be using it as the base for converting to other types.

Panther D:

And finally, we're jumping forward 20 years as we reveal the T-62!  Produced throughout the 60's and 70's in numbers over 20,000 this MBT saw action all over Eastern Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Cuba.   They're still in use today all over the world, including 2000 in North Korea...  Undecided   The T-62 has been requested many times here on the Forum, so we hope everyone likes it!

T-62:

That's all for now, more masters coming next month!

Thumbs up

www.pendraken.co.uk - Home to over 4200 products of shiny 10mm goodness!
www.minibits.net - MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Raiden Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and more!
mad lemmey
Marquis

« Reply #1 on: 29 August 2015, 02:55:13 AM »

Ooh! T62! Sweet!

Off to the Shed of Decency.

Chekov's Gun, Occam's Razor, and Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle walk into a bar. You won't believe what happens next!

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner 😎
Techno
« Reply #2 on: 29 August 2015, 05:08:57 AM »

Cool

(Yes...I've woken up early again....The dogs were asking to be let out !.....Noisy 'things'.)
Cheers - Phil
fsn
General

« Reply #3 on: 29 August 2015, 06:25:04 AM »

Who let the dogs out?

(Who? Who? Who who?)

I hope that T62 is released speedily. Lovely compliment to the T54/55.

Those Austin Daimlers are beautifully ugly.

Lord Oik of Runcorn
(You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013
Oik of the Year 2014
Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!
2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020

15mm is dead. It just doesn't know it yet.
fred.
Lieutenant General

« Reply #4 on: 29 August 2015, 07:44:49 AM »

The WWI mortar looks awesome - and the tractors very good too.

The WWII French will be handy for rounding out my forces too.

2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!
Dave
Captain

« Reply #5 on: 29 August 2015, 10:21:55 AM »

The WWI mortar looks awesome - and the tractors very good too.

The WWII French will be handy for rounding out my forces too.

Thers is a towed version of the 30.5cm mortar Cheesy to go with the trucks aswell Grin

Dave

Email: d.pengilley@btinternet.com
Address: Pendraken Miniatures, Unit 2D, Vaughan Court, Middlesbrough, TS6 7BJ
Web: www.pendraken.co.uk
ianrs54
Playtester
General

« Reply #6 on: 29 August 2015, 10:40:23 AM »

But they is just masters - and the Conqueror took 6 months to appear.....

IanS

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF HURRAY

Muppet of the year 2019, and 2020
Leman
Field Marshal

« Reply #7 on: 29 August 2015, 10:43:14 AM »

Like the Austrian stuff for WWI.

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!
Dave
Captain

« Reply #8 on: 29 August 2015, 11:43:10 AM »

Like the Austrian stuff for WWI.

I'm know on 1/2 a contract at work so moulds will be coming through at a faster rate

Dave

Ithoriel
Lieutenant General

« Reply #9 on: 29 August 2015, 12:20:30 PM »

Love that Panther ... already got some .... don't need any more .... so I guess I'll buy maybe half a dozen  Roll eyes

Any news on the T34-76 Model 1943 that was shown on here a while back? Another "don't need it, can't justify the spend but I'll buy some anyway" item!

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is entirely optional!
Dave
Captain

« Reply #10 on: 29 August 2015, 01:49:45 PM »

Love that Panther ... already got some .... don't need any more .... so I guess I'll buy maybe half a dozen  Roll eyes

Any news on the T34-76 Model 1943 that was shown on here a while back? Another "don't need it, can't justify the spend but I'll buy some anyway" item!

A major revamp Grin decided to redo from scratch Sad

Dave

Wulf
Colonel

« Reply #11 on: 30 August 2015, 03:26:34 AM »

Engineers actually doing engineering stuff! Spectacular... Hopefully the other nationalities will get some minelayers too...
Risaldar Singh
Second Lieutenant

« Reply #12 on: 30 August 2015, 06:27:46 AM »

The T-62 is very, very sweet. And the Austrian WW1 stuff is very nice too though I'll probably never need it.
Le Manchou
Lieutenant

« Reply #13 on: 30 August 2015, 09:19:49 AM »

I might buy a good amount of T55 and T-62! I am still waiting for a modern version of Chain of command

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Dave
Captain

« Reply #14 on: 31 August 2015, 01:35:49 PM »

It's been a busy old month at Pendraken HQ with all those shiny new releases, but we've also got more masters arriving all of the time, so here's a preview of some upcoming new WWI, WWII and Modern vehicles, artillery and infantry!

We'll start with WWI, where Martin has been busy working on some Austro-Hungarian tractors and the artillery piece they towed.  The Austin Daimler M12 and M17 tractors were both used for towing the 30.5cm Belagerungsmorser.  The M12 was used from 1912-1915 and a bit more info can be found here: http://www.trucksplanet.com/catalog/model.php?id=1786  The M17 was then used from 1917-1918, again more info here: http://www.trucksplanet.com/catalog/model.php?id=1788.

The models have been done in several parts, so the blu-tacked/balanced together pieces don't look as good in the photos as they will as a finished casting!

Austin Daimler M12:

Austin Daimler M17:

And here's a short video of the M12 in action:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpFWH7iF46s" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpFWH7iF46s</a>

As well as the tractors, Martin has also done us the gun and the trailer for towing it.  The 30.5cm Belagerungsmorser (or Skinny Emma) was a heavy mortar developed and produced by the Austro-Hungarian Empire before the start of the war.  There's loads more info on this one here: http://www.militaryfactory.com/armor/detail.asp?armor_id=671

I've not taken a picture of the trailer, as it comprises of several parts and I didn't want to lose any of them, but the gun looks fantastic!

30.5cm Belagerungsmorser with firing plate:

Moving on to WWII, first up we've got some more new WWII French for everyone.  This rounds off the current batch of sculpts and we'll be moving back to the Naps expansion in the coming months.

Engineers: With pick / With shovel / Laying mine.  25mm Hotckiss: Gun / Loader.  ChasseursKneeling / Walking / Running.

Elsewhere, we've also started revamping some of our older vehicles, starting with the German Panther D!  This is an excellent model, Martin has done a cracking job on this and we'll be using it as the base for converting to other types.

Panther D:

And finally, we're jumping forward 20 years as we reveal the T-62!  Produced throughout the 60's and 70's in numbers over 20,000 this MBT saw action all over Eastern Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Cuba.   They're still in use today all over the world, including 2000 in North Korea...  Undecided   The T-62 has been requested many times here on the Forum, so we hope everyone likes it!

T-62:

That's all for now, more masters coming next month!

Thumbs up

Leon the wheels on the M17 are the wrong way round Shocked

Dad

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: