New Warband High Elves released!

Started by Leon, 19 August 2015, 03:47:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

19 August 2015, 03:47:09 AM Last Edit: 19 August 2015, 04:45:48 AM by Leon
Following on quickly from the Undead release, we've got another of our new Warband ranges all sorted and ready to go, and this time it's the High Elves!

As with all of the Warband ranges, all of the packs contain maximum variety, so 25 different sculpts in the foot packs and 12 in the cavalry.  Techno has also done us some excellent new command and mage figures, the latter including a rather nice runestone.  On the artillery side, we've got both bolt shooters and catapults, plus some chariots bringing up the rear.

High Elves - http://www.pendraken.co.uk/Warband-Fantasy-NEW-c36/High-Elves-sc332/
FAN-HEL1 - 25 x Warriors
FAN-HEL2 - 25 x Archers
FAN-HEL3 - 12 x Knights
FAN-HEL4 - 5-man Command Group
FAN-HEL5 - 4 x Mages with runestone
FAN-HEL6 - 5 x Bolt Shooters with crews
FAN-HEL7 - 3 x Catapults with crews
FAN-HEL8 - 3 x Chariots with drivers and riders
(packs are £4.50 each, command/mages are £1.50)

Army Pack: Contains 3 packs of Warriors, and 1 pack each of Archers, Knights, Command, Mages and Bolt Shooters, plus 8 x MDF bases.  Priced at £27.00

And some pics:

And it's not long to wait for the next army, as we finish up the month with the release of the Taurians!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Superb. These will also be on my order list!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Thanks, Will.

I perhaps ought to point out, that the variations in the poses I've done are much more 'subtle' than the previous ranges, as we wanted a far more 'regimented' look for these chaps when they're on the 'battlefield'.

Cheers - Phil

Bodvoc

Lovely stuff! Even though I have recently painted a High Elf army from the old/existing range I shall have to expand it now with some of these new figures as Elves are my favourite fantasy army.
'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

fsn

They're very nice ... but I always imagine elves with really LONG bows.  :P
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Quote from: Techno on 19 August 2015, 07:15:30 AM
Thanks, Will.

I perhaps ought to point out, that the variations in the poses I've done are much more 'subtle' than the previous ranges, as we wanted a far more 'regimented' look for these chaps when they're on the 'battlefield'.

Cheers - Phil
So, you changed a few shields, put your feet up for a week, then billed Leon? ;)
Seriously, they do look good. I can see the changes. The new command is perfect too. Great work mate.
Perhaps you should do a 'spot the difference' with the old range? ;D
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

FierceKitty

Shouldn't there be some mending shoes too?
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Luddite

Excellent work sir!  This must have been a tough brief as the High Elves were already pretty good sculpts.  I like the bigger shields, and the mages are top grade.   :D

Can't wait to see the Taurians.
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

AndyT

Quote from: Techno on 19 August 2015, 07:15:30 AM
Thanks, Will.

Cheers - Phil

I'm very glad about this. High Elves definitely need a regimented look.

Pay day can't come soon enough, or, wife willing, I will be able to get these at Colours next month.

Techno

Quote from: mad lemmey on 19 August 2015, 09:01:33 AM
Perhaps you should do a 'spot the difference' with the old range? ;D

Bog off, Will.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

The (perhaps) strange thing is.......

You really will have to look really closely to notice the difference with a lot of the figures......Yet.....Those tweaks took as long (or longer) than previous tweaks/changes where the difference between models you could spot with your eyes shut.  :P

Quote from: Luddite on 19 August 2015, 10:22:01 AM
Excellent work sir!  This must have been a tough brief as the High Elves were already pretty good sculpts.  I like the bigger shields, and the mages are top grade.   :D
Can't wait to see the Taurians.

You're absolutely right, Lud.....They were a particularly good range 'as was'......So I hope I've done them justice.

The Taurians ?

So far..... I think they've been the range I've enjoyed 'playing with' the most !.....And I hope you all think I've done THOSE justice, as well !
(I actually want to paint some of those myself.......But I don't suppose I'll get around to doing that..... :'( :'( :'()

Cheers - Phil

seano1815

Look great Phil....Tempt me not :d ;D
have a great weekend everyone
Sean

Techno

Tawa

Oh poop. More lovely figures to drool over......
Well that went down like a lead baboon......

O.P.E (Oik of the Pendraken Empire) - 2015 Honours List.

Techno

Oh.....Just give in. @-) @-) @-) @-) @-) @-) @-)

Cheers - Phil