Is everything pre-Napoleon really linear and limited?

Started by Chris Pringle, 12 February 2015, 05:13:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikharwood

Quote from: mad lemmey on 25 February 2015, 12:11:19 PM
I resemble that remark!
Outside, now!
If I'm not their in five minutes, start without me!

Sorry - got caught with a couple of phone calls. Did you beat me up?

Quote from: WeeWars on 25 February 2015, 12:47:07 PM
Careful, Nik, cos Lemmey could surprise you and attack from any point of the compass. Don't expect a boring old linear encounter.

Nicely done, sir, nicely done  ;D :D ;D

Hertsblue

The obvious point of the compass to attack from is surely the sharp end....  ;)
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Chris Pringle

(Having left a decent interval) thank you all for a civil and well-informed discussion, and I hope I didn't antagonize anyone. My period is not better than anyone else's, except in the narrowly subjective sense that in my trivial opinion it happens to be better for doing what I like. I'd be happy to try PNW games with any of the good people on this forum and I expect I'd enjoy them, linear or otherwise, whether it be Mongols, Polish Hussars, French & Indian Wars skirmish or whatever. The first rule is to have fun, and there are lots of ways of doing that. Happy gaming!

Chris

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Subedai

Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

getagrip

Quote from: ianrs54 on 03 March 2015, 04:42:30 PM
You Mongols ull drink to bloody anythin.

IanS  :D

Fermented horse milk...yum yum... :-&
Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

Subedai

Quote from: ianrs54 on 03 March 2015, 04:42:30 PM
You Mongols ull drink to bloody anythin.

IanS  :D
Well, they had a lot of conquering to celebrate.

Fortunately I am more of a wine man than koumis or arag (fermented mares milk). I like my milk cold and straight from the bottle in the fridge -only ever hot on porridge.

There is an apocryphal story about Ogedai Qagan who was exceeding fond of his wine. So much so that he was a bit of an alky. His younger brother told him off about his consumption and made him promise to only drink a single glass of wine a day. Ogedei stuck to his promise...he just got a much bigger glass!
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

getagrip

Quote from: Subedai on 03 March 2015, 06:32:20 PM
Well, they had a lot of conquering to celebrate.

Fortunately I am more of a wine man than koumis or arag (fermented mares milk). I like my milk cold and straight from the bottle in the fridge -only ever hot on porridge.

There is an apocryphal story about Ogedai Qagan who was exceeding fond of his wine. So much so that he was a bit of an alky. His younger brother told him off about his consumption and made him promise to only drink a single glass of wine a day. Ogedei stuck to his promise...he just got a much bigger glass!

You ever tried koumis?
Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.