Post our paint

Started by Fenton, 14 January 2015, 05:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fenton

Looks like Leon's campaign has been successful according to WS&S

WELL DONE SIR

Heres the blurb

Congratulations to Leon Pengilley! His 'Post our Paint' campaign has been successful.

"It's been a while since our last update, but the work has continued behind the scenes and I am delighted to announce that we have received the following email today from Mr Gee, Chairman of Royal Mail:

"We have lifted the four item restriction. Customers can now send an unlimited number in any one package but the volume of each container should still not exceed 150ml.
The items must be securely closed and placed in a leak-proof liner, such as a sealed polythene bag, so that any inadvertent leakage is contained within the outer packaging. Surround with absorbent material such as newspaper and sufficient cushioning material to protect each item from damage. The sender's name and return address must be clearly visible on the outer packaging.
The changes went live on 12 January 2015. I trust this will be a welcome decision for you."

"This is fantastic news and we are so pleased that we're able to announce this result.
We would once again like to thank everyone who has signed and supported this campaign in any way. It's been a long 14 months of discussion and emails back and forth, but it's been worth it!
We would also like to encourage everyone to go and buy some paint from their vendor of choice! There are a load of fantastic businesses in the UK supporting our hobby and this is a big win for all of them.

If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fsn

=D> =D> =D>

Well done. Another blow for common sense in a world gone mad.

Orangey-yellow tablet anyone?
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Subedai

Huzzah!! Common sense prevails over bureaucracy. Well done.
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

paulr

Quote from: fsn on 14 January 2015, 06:49:32 PM
=D> =D> =D>

Well done. Another blow for common sense in a world gone mad.

Orangey-yellow tablet anyone?

He's agreeing with me again  :o X_X

At least he didn't register a complaint  ;D
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Good grief !
Terrific  stuff !

Well done Leon !! :-bd =D> :-bd =D> :-bd
Cheers - Phil

Steve J

Just had an e-mail from Change.org to this effect. Thank God common sense has prevailed.

WeeWars

← click my website button to go to Michael's 10mm 1809 BLOG and WW1 Blog

www.supremelittleness.co.uk

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

Excellent news! Nothing like a bit of tenacity.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Nirnman

Well done Leon and his petition

Orcs

Brilliant! common sense at last.   Well done Leon :-bd :-bd
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Leon

Thanks for all the comments, much appreciated.  I think it was the volume of support the campaign had gathered which made them take notice of us, so it's the folks who signed up who should be credited for this.  It was a long slog but we got there in the end!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Matt J

Well done Leon  :-bd

who'd have thought, common sense still exists in this country!
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

Hertsblue

Well, there's a thing! I must confess I was convinced you had as much chance of getting the monolithic PO to change its mind as you had of shifting an iceberg with an outboard motor. Just goes to show what perseverance can do. Congratulations!  :) :) :) 
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net