Franco-Prussian War

Started by Javier Gomez, 12 January 2015, 03:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Javier Gomez

Hello Everybody!
I'm Javier Gómez, a Spanish painter better known as El Mercenario. Although I've mainly painted 28mm figures in my life, my true passion are the smaller scales, especially the 10mm. Long ago I started a WW2 project bit a few years ago the FPW captured my interest and decided to build armies. Although my referent is 1870 ruleset it could be easily converted for Blackpowder or actually any other rules for late 19th century big battles (Fire & Fury for example). Here they are a few pics of the game we had at my local club Alpha Ares here in Barcelona last Friday –the battle of Beaumont, 30th August 1870, when Failly's 5 Corps was caught by surprise in it's route to Sedan by the German. Failly's three divisions had to face three German Corps (Bavarians, Saxons and Prussians, six divisions in total). Despite all the odds and the overwhelming German superiority (2:1 in men, 3:1 in guns) French did pretty well keeping the Germans at bay for several turns...until Krupps made the difference! All the figs and the farm are Pendraken's, the remaining buildings Timecast's. I hope you like it! 

Leman

Welcome to the Forum Javier. FPW is one of my passions and I am very envious as that is a superb looking game. I would be interested to know what size bases you are using.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Westmarcher

That is some introduction, Javier! Wonderful figures and terrain. Welcome to the forum.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Steve J

Welcome on board and lovely figures and terrain 8).

Subedai

Great opening visual impression. Nice terrain and well painted little chaps. Love it.

I really am impressed that you paint your own standards.
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Fenton

Welcome

Talk about a way to make an entrance
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

mollinary

Fabulous work!  Congratulations and welcome.    I can see (I think!) Prussians, Bavarians and Wurttembergers but no Saxons! Are they flanking again?  ;)  :D

By the way, who are the chaps in greatcoats and shakoes with no flags?   

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

clibinarium

Welcome Javier! I've long been a fan of your work in 28mm, I had no idea you liked the smaller scales. Indeed for a moment when I saw your name I thought these were 28s. Really superb painting and set-up, its a showcase for how 10mm should be done.

Techno

:o :o :o :o :o

Wow !!
Those are a bit tasty ! =D> =D> =D> =D>
As Steve says....What a way to make an entrance !
Welcome from me too, Javier.
Cheers - Phil

Forez42

Fantastic !!!!

A table as all gamers dream to play. Congratuation  =D>
2018 Painting Competition - Winner!
2021 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
2021 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Winner!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2024 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!

Fenton

Are all the figures Pendraken?
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

kev1964

Hi,

Superb painting, really stunning.

kev
2013 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

Great looking table and excellent painting! 

Welcome to the Forum as well!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

KTravlos

These really are great. Which reminds me I need to introduce myself at some point in the intros threads.

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd =D> :-bd =D>

As others have said,  what an introduction :o 8)

A beautifully presented game with wonderful figures

Welcome to the forum
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!