New ACW/19th century rules - Feuer und Furia Francese

Started by WFGamer, 31 August 2014, 04:11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WFGamer

Feuer und Furia Francese are rules for European style battles in the period 1840 – 1880. Battles in the rest of the world can also be fought a long as the forces are similar to those used in Europe at the time. For example the American Civil War.

The focus of the rules is on the Crimean War (1853-56), the Franco-Austrian War of 1859, the American Civil War (1861-1865), the War of 1866 and the Franco-Prussian War of 1870-1871. Details of other conflicts during the period will be available later.

The rules are for large battles of this period. The players will usually command a Corps or other large part of a full army, if not the whole army. One base usually represents 600 infantry, 300 cavalry or 12 guns. A unit is usually 3 to 12 bases and represents a brigade.

The inspiration for these rules is the popular Fire and Fury rules. They are a stand alone set which aim to capture the feel of these rules but with changes to reflect the warfare of the period. This includes obvious factors such as for the variety of weapons and tactics of the wars of the period. Key to these are individual movement/morale tables for each army in each conflict designed to reflect that army's performance. For example, there is not a single movement/morale table for the Franco Prussian War but four tables. For the two sides there are one each for the early part of the war, the Imperial phase, with another two for the later part of the war, the Republican phase. While the French movement/morale table for the 1859 is different to the Franco Prussian tables. Other major changes are the use of three six sided dice and rules for Corps and Army Morale.

The rules are only available as a PDF and cost £8.70.

Contact us at wyreforestgamers@yahoo.co.uk

For further details, see http://www.wfgamers.org.uk/FUFF.htm

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Chad

Leman

Can't work out how you get hold of those as a little box with my e-mail address comes up and asks me for my password; which one I have no idea. Wish people would remember that a fair number of us old codgers haven't really got much of a clue when it comes to modern technology, and yet we make up a substantial proportion of historical figure gamers. Methinks if I was any good with technology, would i still be playing figure games?
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

WFGamer

Dour Puritan: If you go to the bottom of the page there should be a 'Buy Now' button.

Leman

Even that was a palaver. Initially thrown when I appeared to have paid nothing, then ballsed it again because I put a £ sign in. Eventually I appear to have paid Hwicee the correct amount so now to check if this has turned up in my email.

Leman

Well an official receipt has turned up from Paypal so I suppose the rules will appear before too long. Cheers for all the help folks.

toxicpixie

Just ordered a copy; I managed to convince two friends to do likewise yesterday and they're very impressed so a personal copy it is! Next years group project sorted... I'm thinking Italians and French :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Leman

What a job Wyre Forest have done taking Fire and Fury, adapting it to Europe, refining morale, then producing additional booklets and playsheets for each of the wars, eg. 1866 has its own discreet booklet for Bohemia and Italy explaining tactics, formations, doctrines and weapons for the protagonists in that war, plus separate playsheets for Italy and Bohemia, plus another booklet covering the war in Germany and playsheets for that theatre. The same is done for the Crimea, Franco-Austrian, ACW, and FPW, Imperial and Republican phases. Absolute bargain for £8.70. Highly recommended .

mollinary

Quote from: Dour Puritan on 04 September 2014, 08:47:09 PM
What a job Wyre Forest have done taking Fire and Fury, adapting it to Europe, refining morale, then producing additional booklets and playsheets for each of the wars, eg. 1866 has its own discreet booklet for Bohemia and Italy explaining tactics, formations, doctrines and weapons for the protagonists in that war, plus separate playsheets for Italy and Bohemia, plus another booklet covering the war in Germany and playsheets for that theatre. The same is done for the Crimea, Franco-Austrian, ACW, and FPW, Imperial and Republican phases. Absolute bargain for £8.70. Highly recommended .

OK DP, get off the fence and tell us what you rally think!  :D  :D

Seriously though, it sounds great in its final form.  I joined the forum hoping to help in the play testing, unfortunately my new wargames room took longer to bring into service than I had hoped.  I shall certainly be ordering a copy, you cannot have too many rule sets, or scales, for this fascinating period. I continue to work on developing the RFF rules for the APW on the scale of 1 figure equals 10 men, or one base equates to forty.   This is ninety six man battalions!   With the War room approaching completion, I should be able to progress more quickly over the next few months.

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

toxicpixie

I have to agree with DP - top notch stuff, been flicking thru this evening and all looks very tasty!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

WFGamer

14 October 2014, 02:49:13 PM #11 Last Edit: 14 October 2014, 04:07:30 PM by WFGamer
Hi all,

I have updated the Gravelotte/St. Privat scenario to our new rules (http://www.wfgamers.org.uk/FUFF.htm).  See The Battle of Gravelotte / St Privat: 18th August 1870 - http://www.wfgamers.org.uk/resources/C19/gravstp.htm , more will follow when time allows.

Leman

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

mollinary

Quote from: mollinary on 04 September 2014, 09:01:58 PM
  I shall certainly be ordering a copy, you cannot have too many rule sets, or scales, for this fascinating period.

Well, it took a month, but I finally got round to ordering it today. Really looking forward to it thumping into the inbox!   Would still prefer a hard copy, but that is the sort of old fashioned guy I am  :D

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!